The NEPHELOstar microplate nephelometer detects particles in liquid by measuring forward light scattering when a laser beam is sent through the solution. The light scattering is detected at angles up to 80 degrees, and provides about thirty times higher sensitivity than traditional transmission readers that measure a reduction of light passing the well.
NEPHELOstar is developed to meet HTS requirements. The microplate-based nephelometer is faster than conventional methods for solubility determination.
- The light source is a red laser with a wavelength of 635 nm. A diode laser has the advantage of higher stability than other light sources, which gives better precision. The laser intensity can be adjusted via the software.
- Variable diameter of the laser beam is an exclusive advantage of NEPHELOstar. The ability to adjust the diameter of the laser beam with a narrow beam minimizes the meniscus effects of the liquid.
- NEPHELOstar is the only microplate-based nephelometer capable of measuring 384-well format with excellent sensitivity. Use less sample and produce more data per plate.
- Full-cone angle detection system. With the most advanced detection system, NEPHELOstar can integrate the largest scattering angle, up to 80 degrees.
- NEPHELOstar can be integrated into a wide range of robot systems via ActiveX or DDE interface. For fast, easier plate handling, 50-plate Stackerhotell is offered with integrated barcode reading.
- NEPHELOstar comes with the complete data analysis software, MARS. The software has no license restrictions and is FDA 21 CFR part 11 compliant.
Read more about NEPHELOstar here